Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Art Farnsworth verdict

If you have not yet heard via the media, the jury came back after just one hour of deliberation with a guilty verdict on all three counts, late Friday afternoon. The defense rested earlier that day, and due to the number of jury instructions, the jury did not go out to deliberate until around 3:30 p.m. That would have been enough to worry me, save for the fact that I believed we had prevailed to that point in what was generally considered to be a fair trial. The jury returned at 4:30, per the judge's instructions, not with a request to come back on Monday, but with verdict sheets in hand. It was then that I started to worry.

I have issues to discuss with attorneys about things upcoming, and I am not going to say anything at all at this point in time about those things. The sentencing is scheduled for early March, so I have until then to work on some things.

I thank all of you who provided support, be it conversational, prayerful, or financial. Don't stop now, as I'm not done yet.

I have decided to reduce my profile, and hopefully by doing so no longer be a target. America needs brave individuals to stand up and save her, and I have done that for the better part of a decade now. I will continue to be a patriot, but perhaps as a part of a group, rather than as a lone soldier.

Arthur L. Farnsworth

0 Old Comments: